When I first saw this pin on Picky-Palate, I was immediately intrigued! Look how cool the middle of the bread looks!
So did I want to make this? H to the Heck YEAH! What could be better than to have a layer of CHOCOLATE inside some banana bread? And as Jenny states in her recipe, it’s all made in one bowl so little to no mess! I gathered up my ingredients and I was off.
I mixed together the sugar and butter, then added the egg, sour cream and mashed bananas. Still all in one bowl!
After adding the dry ingredients, it was time to add these!
Have you ever seen these? I sure hadn’t but they looked so fun. Side Note: I did not find these around the regular bags of marshmallows but they were in the aisle where the hot chocolate was. Hopefully that will save you some time! And after this recipe, I can’t wait to add these into some steamy hot cocoa! Into the mix it goes.
After pouring half the mixture into your loaf pan, layer with graham crackers.
And then next is the piece de la resistance – THE CHOCOLATE!
After covering with chocolate, pour the remaining batter and into the oven it goes and out comes this! TA DA!
Although the outside of my bread came out a little darker than the original post, it certainly didn’t make one iota of difference in the taste! After hubby took a slice before I could even ask him what he thought, his comment was “Whosever recipe that is, THAT is good!”
I have since made this recipe again and both times it lasted less than a day. Thanks Jenny! We now have a new family favorite!
This Pin Rocks!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup Kraft Marshmallow Bits
- 2 full sheets graham cracker
- 2 full Hershey Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x3x5 inch loaf pan generously with non stick cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar until well combined. Add egg, bananas and sour cream mixing until well combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and marshmallow bits until combined. Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Layer with graham crackers then Hershey Bars. Top with remaining banana bread batter spreading evenly then bake for 50-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 30 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely. Cut into slices and serve! Garnish top of bread with additional marshmallow bits if desired.