Hello again! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box and I have a delicious copycat recipe for you.
I love Crustos at Taco Maker. They are so addictive and I can eat them to no end. I made some that taste just like them and I am in huge trouble. I can’t stop making them and eating them. I hope you like them and I dare you to eat just 3 pieces. Just three.
Oil for frying
6 uncooked tortillas (like these)
1/2 C. sugar
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Pour oil into a large skillet or fryer. If using a skillet, use enough oil to cover tortilla strips, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep.
- Heat oil to medium high heat.
- Stack 3 tortillas at a time and cut using a pizza cutter into one inch strips.
- With a small piece of tortilla, test the oil’s heat by dropping it into the pan. If the tortilla immediately starts to fry the oil is ready.
- Carefully drop the tortilla strips into the oil without overlapping. Fry for about a minute per side, flipping with tongs.
- Remove from the oil and let drain briefly on a paper towel.
- Mix together in a bowl the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place still warm strips into the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss to coat.